Skip to main content

Work Permits

Need a Work Permit

Click here to download and print a Work Permit. 



  • Do drop your completed work permit to Ms. Gwen in the AHS College and Career Center.
  • Do come to pick up permits during breaks, lunch or after school 

Happy Working!


Work Permit Facts

  • All EMPLOYED minors under the age of 18 are required to have a work permit, unless you are a high school graduate. 
    • If you are a high school graduate, inform your employer and be prepared to produce a copy of your diploma
  • During the School year students applying for work permits are required to possess and maintain a minimum G.P.A. of a 2.0
  • Work Permit Applications are available in the AHS College Career Center, on School Loop or at the Alameda Unified School District, located at 2060 Challenger Drive.
  • Completed applications may be turned in at the AHS College Career Center.
  • Students may pick up processed work permits during lunch or after school
    • Confirm pick up time and day with Ms. Gwen.
  • During summer or vacation breaks applications can be processed at the AUSD Student Services Office located at 2050 Challenger Ave, (call Erin Gilcrist-Brown for an appointment at 337-7072 press 0). You will need the following documents to process your completed work permit application:
    • Your Social Security Card 
    • Proof of Age (Choose One):  Birth Certificate, Passport, California ID or Drivers License 


Career Aptitute & Interest Survey

Choices Planner provides access to detailed information about more than 7,000 colleges, technical schools and graduate schools. There are tools to help build impressive resumes, practice job search and interviewing skills, and more!! This is a free service students and parents can access from home.

Visit the website at, enter your site ID: 1034964, and Password: alameda