Get an Associates Degree with a Transfer Guarantee
Students who earn an AA-T or AS-T degree AND meet the CSU minimum eligibility requirements are guaranteed admission to a CSU. With the special degree, you may be given a GPA bump when applying to an impacted campus outside your local area or an impacted major that is deemed similar.
To learn more about the Transfer Process, click here!
Overview of the California Community College System
The California Community Colleges is the largest higher education system in the nation. It is comprised of 72 districts, 110 colleges and enrolls more than 2.9 million students.
Community colleges provide basic skills education, workforce training and courses that prepare students for transfer to four-year universities. The colleges also offer opportunities for personal enrichment and lifelong learning. Click here for more information.
Earn transferable college credit and high school credit by taking classes at community colleges:
- Who: High school students in grades 10 to 12
- What is Not Allowed: Concurrent Enrollment classes are NOT allowed for remedial work, work to make up for failed high school or middle school classes, recreation or hobby classes, or any class that can be taken at the local high schools.
- Complete the online application at :http://www.peralta.edu
- Meet with your high school counselor to discuss your class options and pick up a Concurrent Enrollment Form ( You must take a Math & English placement exam at the college before you may enroll in any Math or English classes).
- Turn in your Concurrent Enrollment to the college you will be attending.
Cost: Concurrent Enrollment classes are FREE; however, you will be required to pay for any materials need for the class such as books.