Need a Work Permit
Click here to download and print a Work Permit.
- Do drop off all personal documents to Ms. Gwen in the AHS College and Career Center.
- Do only come to pick up permits during breaks, lunch or after school
- Do come and pick up your documents at the end of the day.
- This means your passport, ID, birth certificate and social security card AND your work permit
- Do enjoy your job!
Work Permit Facts
- All EMPLOYED minors under the age of 18 are required to have a work permit, unless you are a high school graduate.
- If you are a high school graduate, inform your employer and be prepared to produce a copy of your diploma
- During the School year students applying for work permits are required to possess and maintain a minimum G.P.A. of a 2.0
- Work Permit Applications are available in the AHS College Career Center, on School Loop or at the Alameda Unified School District, located at 2050 Challenger Drive.
- You will need the following documents to process your completed work permit application:
Your Social Security Card
Proof of Age (Choose One): Birth Certificate, Passport, California ID or Drivers License
- Completed applications may be turned in at the AHS College Career Center.
- Students may pick up processed work permits during lunch or after school
- Confirm pick up time and day with Ms. Gwen.
- During summer or vacation breaks applications can be processed at the AUSD Student Services Office located at 2050 Challenger Ave, (call Robyn Williams for an appointment at 337-7072).
- You will need to provide your Social Security Card AND Proof of Age