Alameda High School  Logo
Administration Attendance Bell Schedules Course Catalog Course Selection Electronic Devices Policy Enrollment Forms Graduation Requirements Progressive Discipline Policy School Calendars School-Based Health Center School Resource Officer (SRO) Single School Plan Student Handbook Tardy Policy WASC Report & Action Plan
Career Technical Education Electives Sports Medicine English Mathematics The Media Academy Physical Education Science Social Science Special Education Visual and Performing Arts World Languages Course Catalog 2018-2019 Directory
AHS Library Media Center AHS Library Hours and Policies and Procedures Digital Issues What I'm Reading Now
Counseling Staff Goals & Services Counseling Office Curriculum Graduation Requirements Counseling Office Locker Course Selection Counseling Office News College Testing Letters of Recommendation CA Community College Naviance-Family Connection
College& Career Center Career Technical Education College & Career Center Calendar College Checklist/Timeline CSU Application CSU Eligibility and Requirements Gap Year FAFSA & CSS Profile HBCU Naviance-Family Connection Parent resources Private Colleges SAT/ACT Scholarships and Grants Selecting A College Summer Educational Opportunities UC Application Work Permits Volunteer Opportunities
Student Body Seniors '18 Sophomores '20 / Freshmen '21 Club Activities Juniors '19
AHS Athletic Program Athletic Boosters Athletic Eligibility and Forms Athletic Trainer Athletics Probation Grade Check Parent Team Drivers
PTSA Officers/Chairs Parent/Teacher/Student Organizations Quick Links Community Information
School Site Council SSC Bylaws SSC Members SSC Agendas and Minutes

Work Permits

Need a Work Permit

Click here to download and print a Work Permit. 



  • Do drop your completed work permit to Ms. Gwen in the AHS College and Career Center.
  • Do come to pick up permits during breaks, lunch or after school 

Happy Working!


Work Permit Facts

  • All EMPLOYED minors under the age of 18 are required to have a work permit, unless you are a high school graduate. 
    • ‚ÄčIf you are a high school graduate, inform your employer and be prepared to produce a copy of your diploma
  • During the School year students applying for work permits are required to possess and maintain a minimum G.P.A. of a 2.0
  • Work Permit Applications are available in the AHS College Career Center, on School Loop or at the Alameda Unified School District, located at 2050 Challenger Drive.
  • Completed applications may be turned in at the AHS College Career Center.
  • Students may pick up processed work permits during lunch or after school
    • Confirm pick up time and day with Ms. Gwen.
  • During summer or vacation breaks applications can be processed at the AUSD Student Services Office located at 2050 Challenger Ave, (call Erin Gilcrist-Brown for an appointment at 337-7072 press 0). You will need the following documents to process your completed work permit application:
    • Your Social Security Card 
    • Proof of Age (Choose One):  Birth Certificate, Passport, California ID or Drivers License 


Career Aptitute & Interest Survey

Choices Planner provides access to detailed information about more than 7,000 colleges, technical schools and graduate schools. There are tools to help build impressive resumes, practice job search and interviewing skills, and more!! This is a free service students and parents can access from home.

Visit the website at, enter your site ID: 1034964, and Password: alameda