Alameda Family Services School-Based Health Centers provide a convenient, and youth friendly place for students to receive health care services. We offer FREE comprehensive medical, mental health, health education, and youth development services to High School students in the City of Alameda who attend Alameda High School, Encinal High School, Island Highschool, ASTI, BASE, ACLC and NEA.
Be sure to check out the great online health resources we have listed and our ask AHS YEAH link to ask anonymous health questions. Feel free to drop in to the health center to make an appointment or ask any questions.
At the School-Based Health Center we care about your health!
Services you can access for FREE right on your own school campus include:
- Sports Physicals
- TB testing
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute and minor illness
- Birth control
- Emergency contraceptives (Plan B)
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- FREE condoms
- Referral services
Mental Health Services
- Individual counseling
- Support and discussion groups
- Substance abuse prevention and education
- Crisis intervention
- Individual health education
- Group sessions
- Classroom presentations
- Covered California information and enrollment referrals
- YEAH (Youth Educating and Advocating for Health)
Drop in today or give us a call if you have any questions to make an appointment or just to say HI!
Under the new Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare, every American must have health insurance or may face hefty fines.
The School-Based Health Center has partnered with Covered California to ensure all our students have access to assistance with securing health insurance. Students can stop by the health center to make an appointment to speak to one of our Certified Covered California Educators.
You should set up an appointment if:
- You do not have insurance
- You will be 18 soon and need help getting insurance
- You have questions about Covered California, the ACA or your insurance options
- You or your family needs to be connected to a Covered California Enrollment Specialist
Alameda Family Services has Enrollment Counselors available at our AFS West location to assist with website navigation and direct enrollment.
AFS West is located at 350 Brush St. #27, Alameda CA. Walk-ins are welcome to stop by Thursday from 4:30pm to 7:30pm and Friday from 1:00pm-4:30pm.