Staff Appreciation Breakfast--need help
We are starting the 2nd semester with a Breakfast for our wonderful AHS Staff! on Thursday, January 26th in the Staff 'Lounge'.
We are looking for donations of hot breakfast dishes, fruits, to sign up.yogurt and beverages as well as volunteers to help us setup, serve and cleanup. Please click on the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gD9fnPAPRDV_vUVDxsR29f0aqOmJc34ptkshLy3vVvk/edit#gid=0
- Drop off instructions
- on Wednesday - home addresses will be provided OR in the Staff Lounge during school hours
- in the Staff Lounge on Thursday before 6:45 am
- Please make sure all serving items are clearly marked with your name. They will be available for pick up in the Staff Lounge by 1:00 pm.
- Please update our spreadsheet with the type of dish you are bringing so we may sign the items accordingly. Ingredients are helpful especially for any food allergies, etc. - please note vegetarian or vegan dishes as well as the presence of nuts or gluten where appropriate.
- Please wash all fruits and cut the grapes into 'smaller bunches.
We will send reminders to those who have signed up. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email!
If your student has graduated and / or you no longer want to be included in our email group, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update our list. If you know of anyone who wants to join this group for 2016-2017 school year to participate, please send us their email address.
Thank you for your ongoing support!
#StartWithaSmile at smile.amazon.com/ch/94-6171186 for your holiday gifts and Amazon donates to Alameda High PTSA
AHS eScrip Programs
It is easy to make contributions to Alameda PTSA to help fund important programs. Please take the time join one or all of our Cash Back Rewards Programs:
With escrip.com there are 3 easy ways to earn for Alameda PTSA.
The most powerful is for those of you who regularly shop online.
Merchants include Apple, Athleta, Verizon, Game Stop and hundreds more. Click on the link below to get started and designate Alameda High PTSA as your organization: https://secure.escrip.com/signup/index.jsp
Be sure to download the ‘Forget me not’ banner onto your computer which will remind you to click through to eScrip every time you shop at an affiliated merchant.
In store purchases at Lucky’s are now part of eScrip so be sure to register your phone number at https://www.luckysupermarkets.com/shares/ and enter your phone number at the register each time you shop.
eScrip has a new mobile app called Benefit Mobile. If you regularly purchase on-line through a mobile device using Apple Pay (or similar) or love gift cards for purchasing at retailers like Starbucks, this is for you. Merchants include Amazon, Target, Whole Foods, Safeway and hundreds more. From your mobile device, click on the link below to get started. Remember, in addition to on-line purchasing, you can purchase gift cards for many retailers while standing at the cash register for the exact amount of your purchase : https://www.benefit-mobile.com/consumers
I shop at Nob Hill/Raley’s
In order for Alameda High to benefit from your in store purchases at Nob Hill, you must register for their Something Extra rewards program at https://www.raleys.com/www/enroll. Once registered, click on ‘manage your account’ on the right hand side. Click on ‘extra credit’ on the right hand side and designate Alameda High PTSA as your organization. Remember, when shopping at Nob Hill, you must enter your phone number at the register each time you shop.
I only shop at Amazon on my computer
If this is you, please register for AmazonSmile. It is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service only you will support Alameda PTSA every time you shop. Start here at http://smile.amazon.com/ch/94-6171186. Designate Alameda High PTSA as your organization.
Questions? Contact Joanna Bianchi at email@example.com.
PTSA Speaker Series and Meeting Schedule for 2016-2017
The PTSA meeting and Parent Speaker Series schedule for 2016-2017 is listed below. All meetings and speaker events will be in the Media Center Pit except for June’s meeting. A few meeting times are adjusted to allow for the speakers in the Parent Speaker Series and those time changes are in red. The asterisk * denotes a speaker scheduled that meeting day. The June meeting location is not yet determined.
PTSA Meeting: January 17, 2017 at 7:00 PM
PTSA Meeting: February 21 at 6:00 PM
* Followed by speaker Ralph Cantor, Parent Drug Education, from 7:30-8:30 PM.
PTSA Meeting: March 21 at 6:00 PM
* Followed by speaker Kale Jenks of the Student Health Center from 7:30-8:30.
PTSA Meeting: April 25 at 7:00 PM
* Prior to the meeting will speaker Teresa Drenick, Asst. D.A. for the Alameda Co. District Attorney's Office from 6-7 PM, on safety tips to help guide parents and their students through the ever increasing and complex on line world.
PTSA Meeting: May 16 at 6:00 PM
* Followed by John Maiers, former Lead Counselor for AHS, on college preparations and high school course selection, 7:30-8:30.
PTSA Meeting: June 1, Thursday, 7:00 PM, Site to be determined.
Memorialize your student's experience at Alameda High School forever!
eScrip Video Explanation
Still not sure how to register credit cards with eScrip? Shop on-line a lot and want to contribute $$$ to our AHS programs for free? Click on this video link from eScrip to see how easy it can be: www.screencast.com/t/g9S5sqXqV